Fall can be a lovely time of the year when the leaves on the trees change colour, the air feels cool and crisp, and the holidays are just around the corner. Fall is called so for a reason: falling leaves and falling temperatures are the signs of winter approaching us. If you have a lawn, especially if you have a large lawn, it can be a huge task to do your fall cleanup on your own. Let Cleanr Mow take the task off your to-do list for you!
You may be thinking, what’s the harm in not having the leaves on your lawn raked away? Fall cleanup means cleaning up all of those leaves and preparing your lawn for the upcoming winter months. Here are some reasons for doing a fall cleanup for your lawn:
- If you don’t clean up your lawn in the fall, your lawn will likely be sickly looking in April.
- Fall maintenance is important to give your lawn the oxygen, sunlight and nutrients it needs to survive a brutal winter.
- For aesthetic reasons, you may want your lawn to look clear of fallen leaves.
- Leaves can collect in the drainage inlets and outlet pipes which can lead to blockage and flooding. You don’t want that to happen on your property!
- A thick layer of leaves on your lawn can lead to dead patches, attract damaging insects and can cause and spread disease on your lawn.
- Although some organic matter can provide nutrients, for the most part, leaves need to be removed for the health of your lawn. Leaves kill your lawn over time and if you don’t clean the leaves, it can undo all of the hard work that has been done to your lawn until now!
Cleanr Mow are the trusted lawn care experts in Winnipeg who will know exactly how to care for your lawn. Call us now to schedule your fall cleanup lawn care service to prepare your lawn for the upcoming winter months!